SCHMIDT MARKET RESEARCH SWEEPSTAKES RULES & REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Schmidt Market Research/Allegheny County Airport Authority Sweepstakes starts on April 1, 2022 at 12:00am Eastern Standard Time (“ET”) and closes on April 30, 2023 at 11:59pm ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Schmidt Market Research (the “Sponsor”), 125 Hillvue Lane, Pittsburgh, PA 15237. Schmidt Market Research. (“SMR”) will also administer the Sweepstakes. Schmidt Market Research is and shall remain solely responsible for the delivery of the Prize(s) to the winner(s).
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are directly contacted by SMR and invited to participate (“Entrants”). All Entrants must be nineteen (19) years of age or older at the time of entry into the Sweepstakes. If a minor is selected, the parent or legal guardian of the selected entrant must sign an affidavit, in order for his/her child to be declared the winner; in such instance, the prize will be issued in the parent or legal guardian’s name. Employees, agents, and representatives of the Sponsor and its subsidiaries and affiliates, SMR and its subsidiaries or affiliates and each of their respective advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to win, nor are the parents, siblings and children of any such employee, agent, or representative or any person with whom such employee, agent, or representative is domiciled.
3. PRIZES: In each April 2022, July 2022, October 2022, January 2023, four (4) potential winners will be randomly drawn to each receive one prize worth approximately $50 each, such as Gift Card, Sports Tickets, or Other Prizes. An initial drawing as a recruitment incentive will be an additional $100 Visa gift card. Total Approximate Retail Value of all prizes for the year: $300. The drawing will be held within ten (10) days of the beginning of each quarter. All Cash or Gift Card Prizes are to be awarded in US dollars. Additional drawings could be drawn during the year at agreed upon times and amounts.
4. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: The Sweepstakes is offered electronically via the Internet. All Entrants who complete the survey are automatically entered into the drawing. Entrants will receive one (1) entry for completing the survey during the Sweepstakes Period. All entries become the exclusive property of SMR and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. SWEEPSTAKES DRAW(S): The drawing will be held in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania from all eligible entries received. Winners will be determined by random drawing from all eligible entries received by SMR. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The odds of an entry winning any Prize will be the same, whether the entry was automatically generated (for participants in a survey) or by alternate means of entry.
6. PRIZE AWARDING: Winner will be notified by email within fifteen (15) days of the drawing. Prizes will be awarded only on verification by SMR that all Sweepstakes requirements have been met by the winners. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and no substitution, transfer, conversion or assignment of Prizes will be allowed, unless at the discretion of the Sponsor which may substitute a Prize of comparable or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected Entrants at the email address listed on the SMR systems. SMR will notify each winner by email within fifteen (15) days of the Draw Date. Each winner will have two (2) business days from notification to accept the Prize by email. SMR is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winner. If a selected Entrant cannot be contacted within the allotted time SMR reserves the right to void that entry and select another eligible Entrant for that Prize in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the previous calendar month. In order to be declared an official winner the selected Entrants will be required to consent to the sweepstakes rules and winner declaration conditions. If a selected Entrant(s) fails to consent to the Declaration and Release within two (2) business days the Sponsor reserves the right to void that entry and select another eligible Entrant for that Prize in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the previous calendar month. By digitally consenting to the Declaration and Release conditions, the Entrant (i) confirms compliance with these Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations, (ii) releases and forever discharges the Sponsor, its affiliates and subsidiaries, SMR, its affiliates and subsidiaries and their respective advertising and promotional agencies from all claims, demands, damages, actions, and causes of action arising or to arise by reason of the acceptance or use of the Prize, and (iii) grants to Sponsor (and its licensees and partners) a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual license to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future, and otherwise use entrant’s name, likeness, biographical information, and any other information or materials provided by entrant, in any and all media now known or hereinafter devised, without territorial restriction (except where prohibited by law), for possible editorial, publicity, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law).
Gift Card Prizes will be delivered to official winners within four (4) to six (6) weeks after receipt of the Declaration and Release consent via email. SMR is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, or misdirected communication from the Vendor website to the official winners’ email addresses.
8. SWEEPSTAKES GENERAL RULES: By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to abide by these Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations and the decisions of Sponsor and SMR, which are final.
8. WINNERS LIST: To obtain a copy of the winner list or a copy of the Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations, send your request to: Schmidt Market Research, Schmidt Market Research /FNB Sweepstakes Winners List, 125 Hillvue Lane, Pittsburgh, PA 15237. Requests must be received no later than the fifteenth (15th) of May 2021 and must enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope. VT residents may omit return postage.
9. DISQUALIFICATION: SMR is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes or the operation of the Schmidt Market Research website or any other SMR hosted website, as determined by SMR, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, SMR reserves the right to terminate the Entrant’s eligibility to participate. SMR and Sponsor reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes at any time and for any reason and to award Prize(s) to individuals selected at random from the pool of Entrants received up to the point of termination. SMR and Sponsor agree to take such action in a fair and appropriate manner. In no event will more Prizes be awarded than those listed in the Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations.
10. TAX INFORMATION: Liability for any applicable taxes imposed by any government, if any, on any Prize won is the sole responsibility of the winner of such Prize.
11. APPLICABLE LAWS: This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and county laws. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
12. PRIZE DISCLAIMER: Schmidt Market Research is solely responsible for the delivery of the Prizes to the Prize winners, as declared by SMR. SMR shall not be responsible or liable to Entrants for any losses, damages or costs incurred as a result of Entrants entering the Sweepstakes or use of a Prize won in connection with this Sweepstakes or the failure by the Sponsor to deliver the Prize to the winner in accordance with the Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SMR, SPONSOR, AND ANY PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, OF EACH OF THEIR PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, AFFILIATE AND RELATED COMPANIES, AND EACH OF ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION OF ANY KIND ARISING, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Sweepstakes submissions, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (4), late, lost, undeliverable, or damaged mail; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize or while traveling to or from any prize-related activity. Each winner also further acknowledges that the Released Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any prize or this Sweepstakes including but not limited to quality, condition or fitness for a particular purpose. If for any reason a participant’s submission is confirmed to have been erroneously lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, participant’s sole remedy is another submission and thereby another entry into the Sweepstakes.
Any Prize awarded will be delivered by SMR or by a third-party retained by the SMR for the purpose of fulfilling the prize (in which case the Entrant consents to the disclosure of his/her name, address and such other personal information as is required for the limited purpose of delivering the prize to the winner).
14. DISPUTES: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate courts located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A.; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A. or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A.